John 10:7 I am the gate for the sheep. All who came before me are thieves and bandits; but the sheep did not listen to them. I am the gate. Whoever enters by me will be saved, and will come in and go out and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.
If you haven’t read the OVERVIEW of the 7 ” I am” statements go to:
|Day of week||Routine event||Location||Key word|
STAGE 1 – hang it on a DAY of the week This verse hangs on WEDNESDAY
STAGE 2 hang it on an EVENT and a LOCATION from your routine weekly timetable. I go cycling on Wednesday’s so mine is a night time cycle to a field of sheep on a mountain side.
To create vivid images I use the characters in the Wallace and Gromit films. If you haven’t seen one of these amazing animations go to : https://www.wallaceandgromit.com/
These are the principal characters . Each line of the passage uses a different character and location to give it definition. I also introduce an owl!
- WALLACE is an inventor with a house full of labour saving gadgets, though they don’t always go to plan! Still, he can always relax with his best friend and faithful dog Gromit… and a nice bit of Wensleydale cheese!
- GROMIT is Wallace’s faithful four legged friend. He spends most of his time saving Wallace from various scrapes and a number of mischievous characters! He’s happiest reading the paper in a nice comfy chair.
- WENDOLENE is owner of the town’s wool shop and becomes the object of Wallace’s unspoken affections. Her seemingly sweet nature makes her a strange match for her canine companion – a ferocious dog called Preston.
- SHAUN THE SHEEP Despite causing havoc when he turns up at West Wallaby Street, Wallace becomes quite taken with this fleecy visitor.
- PRESTON This hulking brute has small eyes and a glower that makes Gromit’s blood run cold. In fact, Preston isn’t your average dog – he’s actually a cyberdog, invented by Wendolene’s father! When put in control of thWe Mutton-O-Matic, he sees an opportunity for making use of all those shorn sheep…and it isn’t pretty!
I am the gate for the sheep.
FIELD on a moor
GATE into the field with I AM painted on it.
NIGHT TIME – moon shining, stars . GROMIT -is in a hedge silently watching
All who came before me are thieves and bandits; but the sheep did not listen to them
WENDOLENE and SHAUN
A thief and bandit – called ‘Al Tab’ – code name for Wendolene creeps into the field and whispers into Shaun the sheep’s ears but ‘they’ don’t listen!
- AL = ALL
- Tab = THIEVES AND BANDITS
I am the gate whoever enters by me
An owl enters flying by the gate with I am on it.
- owl – too wit too woo = Whoever
- Flying = by me
will be saved, and will come in and go out and find pasture.
OWL and SHAUN
PASTURE next field
The OWL saves SHAUN the sheep and leads it ‘ come in’ then ‘go out’ of a beautiful pasture in the next door field.
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy.
The thief = PRESTON the dog – comes over the hedge of the pasture – the sheep are SCARED
Over – ONLY
Scared – Steal, Kill, Destroy
I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.
WALLACE – JESUS!
WALLACE comes into the field the sun comes up. He gives them a lovely happy bun
- Lovely = LIFE
- Happy = HAVE IT
- Bun= ABUNDANTLY
If you managed these verses or have any comments perhaps contact me and let me know what worked for you and what didn’t !